Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What blog?

So, I remembered that I have a blog and decided to update it! We had a really fun Thanksgiving with almost all of John's side. We had 11 kids under 11 so it was wild and crazy. Here are a couple of my favorite pictures and you can see the rest of them in the slideshow at the end of the blog. the first one is John's mom, who, when I took this picture, said, "Oh no, this is going to end up on the blog". I hate to disappoint people. By the way, I had NO IDEA how in demand the turkey legs would be. Then there's little Traigen and Katie Anne who just had a blast all day together. Next, I had the boys build lincoln log center pieces for the kids table and laughed when I saw the lego guys parked at the picnic table :). Too funny. Last...the kids table. What a blast!
In this set of pictures...the kids have been finding the hot spots on the floors (we have radiant heat) and that's where they sit. I cannot tell you the hours I spent in front of my mom's heater and this picture just made me smile. We went 'downtown' to see Santa arrive on a fire truck. It was very exciting! And last, there's Katie Anne who, when she saw the nativity, grabbed the baby and said, "Baby Jesus!". I don't remember teaching her that, but she knew it anyway. I love that she re-arranged it all to suit her style. Just don't touch anything else.
John gave me an early Christmas present! He made me a mantle for the fireplace and got it up so I could use it for Christmas. I'll have to take a picture of it now that it's decorated. So, that's life around here!
Posted by Picasa


6 comments:

Verity said...

Wow--THAT is a party house! :) Loved all the pictures--thanks for sharing!

Eve said...

Those are great pictures. Sounds like so much fun. Thanks for sharing!

Jenni Call said...

Looks like you all had a jolly good time! It's hard to beat good food and excellent company. I love reading your blog.

Andrea said...

I LOVE the lego/lincoln log set up! Looks like you've been having a blast!

theloulie said...

Wow! what a crowd. I also love the Lincoln log houses, how fun. And nice mantle.

n8'swife said...

I love the mantle! Now we need to see how it's decked out for Christmas!