Wordful Wednesday is back! This year, most of the WW's will focus on the Family. Do you know why? If you are LDS, then you might remember that this marks the 15th anniversary of the
The Family: A Proclamation to the World
So, today's topic is simple. "YOUR FAMILY" That should be easy enough, right? I mean, I live with these people; I eat, breathe, sleep, dream, take care of every little thing with and for these people. But how do you narrow that down? The one thing I have learned from A)being a part of a family and B)being the mom of a family, is that each person brings a whole unique personality to the mix that defines and shapes the way the family operates.
Here is a short glimpse of the people who make up the family I am a Mother of. I'm guessing we'll get into some extended family posts at a later date.
So, today's topic is simple. "YOUR FAMILY" That should be easy enough, right? I mean, I live with these people; I eat, breathe, sleep, dream, take care of every little thing with and for these people. But how do you narrow that down? The one thing I have learned from A)being a part of a family and B)being the mom of a family, is that each person brings a whole unique personality to the mix that defines and shapes the way the family operates.
Here is a short glimpse of the people who make up the family I am a Mother of. I'm guessing we'll get into some extended family posts at a later date.
Here I am. I am clearly thinking I'm hilarious. I love my family and often am in disbelief that this is the life I live. It just takes me by surprise, sometimes, that he is my husband, that these are my children, that the whole world seems to rest directly on my shoulders. Maybe that's what weighs 13, 000 pounds! Not so hilarious when you put it that way, huh!
I wanted John next in the picture line, but me and my technical difficulties were sick of trying, so here's Jeffrey. He accidentally put on Jane's pants and we were laughing uncontrollably. He is actually a very shy kid, likes to be alone, and is pretty competitive. He likes to play games, as we all do, and does very well at them. He builds things out of legos, likes bugs, and likes to do things his way. When I can get him to talk to me he has a lot of great things to say.John is the life of our family. He knows when we need to play, how to get work done quickly so we can have quality time together, and how to make us all happy. He tries extremely hard to give each of the kids one on one time. Here he is throwing Katie Anne into the air and if you could see both of their faces straight on, you'd see only joy in their eyes. He's a great dad and a great husband to me. He is great at seeing (and usually doing) the most important thing.
Katie Anne does everything with Gusto. She can run the whole gamut of the emotional range, leaving me exhausted, while she moves on to the next thing. She is so kind and loving. She loves 'the bobbies' (her brothers) and threw a bigger fit than Jane when Jane realized her beloved blanket was downstairs instead of in bed with her. Jane would have been fine without it, but Katie Anne insisted we get it for her. As with all of my kids, I love her smiles.
Jane is a little sweetheart, except when life gets dramatic for her like when her shoe is too tight, or too loose. It is never just right. She is the best one to give a gift to because her whole face lights up over the funniest little things. She loves to tell secrets and stories and just to talk in general. She brought a great deal of pink into our family when she was born after 2 boys, and while she loves the lip gloss and the dress ups and the babies, she has NO FEAR when it comes to flying down the mountain on a tube.
Jack is our black and white kid. If you tell him to go and get a Walmart sack, he will dig through all the plastic bags until he finds a Walmart sack. He is pretty funny, although usually not because he means to be. I smile to myself often with the little things he says. Like the other day he called to see if a friend could play. He came and found me and said, "Would you like to know the results of our conversation?" He has a fantastic memory for things he hears and reads, unless it's of course something I've asked him to do. He is a fun kid to be around and while he used to be extremely shy as a toddler, he is very friendly and outgoing now.
Well, that's who we are as individuals. As a family we have a few things in common:
*We all LOVE Lucky Charms
*We like to play games together, and we all like to win
*We watch t.v. together, specifically Mythbusters and America's Funniest Home Videos
*We have a family song, and we all have terrible singing voices, but we sing it anyway!
*We love each other no matter what.









12 comments:
Your dh is making quite a toss!
Sounds like you treasure your time being a mom.
Beautiful...sounds like you guys have a pretty good time at your house!
I am always so amazed at how different each child can be coming from the same gene pool. And I wouldn't change it for the world. So fun to read about each of your children.
I love Lucky Charms too. Can I be in your family?
I enjoyed "meeting" your family. I am greatful to see all the mom's who also are passionate being Mom's. So many aren't so it is wonderful to know women who really are.
Loved that. Thank you!
That was fun, love you and your family. :)
What a great post about you and your fam! I love that picture of John and Katie Anne! What a great moment to catch in a picture!
Great post, you guys are great and we miss you all. I need to have Mackay call Jack someday, he keeps asking, but always at not a good time.
What a fun family! :)
Your husband sounds a lot like mine. I don't know what I would do without him! And how neat to have a family song. That is such a good idea!
Haven't blerked for a while, so I missed this. Very moving. You have a beautiful family. I'd like to be a fly on the wall sometime and just watch and enjoy. Wish we lived closer!! Boise is a great place to vacation though...
Post a Comment