Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happily Ever After

I do believe in Happily Ever After, but I don't believe that it comes easy or without it's share of disappointments.

My friend who went to Michigan to adopt her little baby came home empty handed through some poor choices on the part of several people on the other end of the adoption. The news came with a heavy heart. I hoped to not have to write this post...I could see the whole beautiful ending to the story in my minds eye. Just as they are about to leave for the airport the case worker comes running, breathless and shiny eyed, to tell them the papers were signed, the baby was theirs, and to take him home for, well, happily ever after. This is not how it happened.

So, my heart goes out to her again. The only thing she knows for certain right now is that she loves her children, she loves her husband, she knows she is loved by Heavenly Father, and she knows she'll always have a little spot in her heart for this baby. He'll always have someone praying for him.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I wish I could say I didn't know how this feels, but I do. I wish she could see the great blessing waiting around the corner for her! It's good she is grateful for what she has! You are a good friend.

Kerri said...

Oh, heart breaking. Thanks for letting me know. My thoughts are with her!

n8'swife said...

No one should have to go through something like this. I hope they are able to get through it and be stronger for it.

turning about said...

That breaks my heart. I can totally feel for her. And people say adoption is easier - if they only knew.