First of all, it's SPRING! So...congratulations to all of us for making it through winter!
Jane was lucky enough to have preschool on her actual birthday...and even luckier to have it at our house! Here are the kids painting with pistachio pudding. They got VERY messy, but they all successfully wrote a T, t, 13, and drew a diamond...all parts of our preschool curriculum for the week.
Jane was lucky enough to have preschool on her actual birthday...and even luckier to have it at our house! Here are the kids painting with pistachio pudding. They got VERY messy, but they all successfully wrote a T, t, 13, and drew a diamond...all parts of our preschool curriculum for the week.
Later that day she went to dance and on top of all of that she was showing off her glasses for the first time to all of her friends. That night we had her dinner pick (chicken fingers and fries) then opened presents. The boys wrapped their own presents and I just loved all the tape and stickers they used! She asked for ice cream sandwiches for her birthday cake...DONE! So easy, cute, and delicious.
St. Patrick's Day! The mischevious little Leprechaun didn't do too much around here...danced in the milk, the butter, and even the toilet water! Hopefully in that order. We spent some good time outside cleaning up and riding bikes, before eating the traditional boiled dinner. YUM!
On Saturday she had her birthday party. I wasn't going to give her one but she's talked about it for a year so I figured it would be o.k. to not disappoint her for life! She requested a Dora party so we had a little birthday map with all of the supplies for the activities in a backpack. Activities included: making explorer stars with shrinky dinks, making paper flowers, putting on Boot's boot, opening presents, arriving at the cupcake tower, and playing. Jane's grandma came and gave her a 'Dick and Jane' blanket to top things off.

On Sunday we had planned to have John's parents over for dinner but they couldn't make it. Since I had the ham and funeral potatoes already we decided to invite a family over for dinner. They are new to the ward and I was nervous for some reason. Anyway, when I got home from church I realized I hadn't ever turned on the ham! So...plenty of funeral potatoes and no ham. Luckily I had enough chicken in the freezer that thawed and grilled quickly! The question now is...what do I do with all that ham???






4 comments:
It looks like an awesome birthday and awesome birthday party! Happy Birthday Jane!
That is one clever "cake"!! Looks like she had fun at her birthday party - I think she had a lot of birthday parties! The pictures are really cute.
What a lucky girl! Glasses are awesome! She is a real cutie. Love reading about all your recent adventures. Your little get-a-way sounded really amazing.
Love the ice cream sandwhich cake and the stack of cupcakes. I'm going to use those ideas for the boys birthday next week.
Post a Comment