We were bummed when we didn't have a whole week off at Easter for our Spring Break. Turns out it was a good thing! We had great weather and a lot of fun. A week might have just been too overwhelming. (Look who's being so positive!)
We went to Bear Lake to a condo for the first few days. We knew there wouldn't be much to do in the little town or at the lake, but we knew we could have enough fun and it would be relaxing.
We took our bikes...
We rode them to the KOA campground park and enjoyed playing on a real life teetor totter!
We flew the kites we got in our Easter baskets...
We swam in the pool...not the lake...
And John even caught a snake!
We fed ourselves, then fed the ducks, at First Dam in Logan.
And topped it off with an ice cream cone at USU Dairy...as you can see, we all enjoyed this part A LOT!
After that we visited my mom and dad, who had visitors themselves...my Uncle Bob and Aunt Pat, who are leaving for Mexico City soon to serve as Mission President. We had a good chat and my plan worked...my mom fed us dinner before we left :) Just kidding...I had dinner all planned out...Le Cereal ala milk.
On Sunday we had Agren dinner and the Easter Egg Hunt which is a big hit.
Monday, but here's an old picture of the two of us freezing cold at a restraunt trying to get warm by holding napkins on our arms! Anyway, it certainly is great to be able to see each other once in a while.
On Tuesday we went for...
Happy Meals at the park with Grandma. We were warm but had trouble keeping track of our lunch due to the windy day. Still, we are thankful for these little outtings!
Jack, Jeffrey, Jane and I went to see this fun movie in the afternoon. We all really liked it. Jeffrey has shown great anxiety in the past at the movies, so nervous that things wouldn't really work out, but he did great yesterday...he would say, I'm feeling nervous, Mom, but I know it will all be o.k.
Spring Break ended with a BANG! We were minding our own business when BOOM! BANG! CLAP! We had quite the thunder and lightning and hail show last night. I feel badly now that I didn't get up and watch it more...next time, which is apparently RIGHT NOW! Wowzers...
So, that's life around here lately!














4 comments:
What a great Spring Break! Loved the pictures (and I'm glad you all liked the dragon movie, too! :))
Looks like a lot of fun! I think I took that picture of you and Merry, miss you guys.
spoken like a hicken, all the way to the end. Go KOAs, free adventures, free food, good family fun, cold at restaurants, and craving those good t-storms. through and through
Sounds like you had a jam packed Spring Break. I LOVED 'How to Train Your Dragon!' I saw it twice during our spring break. We also ate a lot of cereal ala milk.
Post a Comment