Caring for your Family - How do you let them know you care about them? What do you do as parents to show your children they are loved?I give them jobs...
I read to them...
I keep them fed and clothed.
I try to help them develop their talents.

I teach them eternal truths, mainly that they are a child of God who loves them.
There are lots of things I do that are good, some things I wish I did better, some things I'm trying not to do. So, that's it in a nutshell. If someone said, "Ah, come on, give me something specific", I'd probably have to say, I hug each of my kids each night and say, with a little eye contact, "I LOVE YOU insert child's name here" .
And if that person said, "Pretty good, but what's something interesting." I'd say, I play hide and seek with them. And I write in their journals occasionally. I keep all the flowers they make me on Mother's Day. That's kind of interesting, you know, to have 3 year old tissue paper flowers on the shelf in your room. I also wink at them during church. And I guess I have as much fun going through their Halloween candy as they do." And that person is done now, asking questions!
What do you do (that's interesting) to show your kids you love 'em?






8 comments:
I wink at my kids too! They love it! And I love watching them try to wink back!
I often use thumbs up or the "i love you" sign when we have eye contact in the van or across the room.
I love the winking, I may have to try that.
I love getting their sloppy good night kisses.I'm a tickler and never pass up an opportunity to tickle my kids.
at sleeping times, I wiggle each finger and tell them something I love about them, then they do the same to me. I'm sure to include specific things I've seen that day, and also intrinsic qualities they have. It's awesome.
Wow, I love the "wiggle each finger" idea! I like to surprise the kids with things--notes in their lunchboxes, a big box of books picked up from the library, or Baskin Robbins ice cream cones. When I'm frustrated with their dirty rooms, I leave funny letters for them on their beds (but now that I think of it, I should leave more love letters, too). I think they're happiest when I step away from the computer and dishes and laundry and STUFF, and just sit down with them and watch a movie!
my 11yo told me that if I really loved him, I wouldn't make him work...so I totally agree, work is key! :)
And I thought I was the only winker...turns out I'm not! Who knew?!
I can't wink...do my kids still know I love them???????
I suppose so, b/c it was us (the non-winkers) that got our kids to do big waves from the stand while singing primary songs on mother's day...
K--guess who I get to see tomorrow? YOUR M&D!!!! So excited!
Post a Comment