Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekly Review (what a boring title)

Boring title or not, it's our life and I'm going to remember it!
I let Jane play with the camera one day while trying to get a few things done.
I loved seeing all the pictures from her point of view.  I'm considering getting myself a new camera, and letting the kids 'check' mine out (like from a library).  I think we'll get a few interesting pictures for the blog this summer.

I attended the talent shows for the boys at school.  They do them by grade level so, lucky me, I got to sit through two whole performances!  Jack and Jeffrey each showcased their basketball talent.  (Jack used the basket on the far end of the gym and I didn't get any good pictures).  When they told me their plan for the talent show I asked, "Can you make baskets on a tall hoop?" They assured me they could, because that's all they do at recess. They were right...they could make baskets!


Anyway, when Jeffrey was shooting, all the little 2nd graders were chanting, "Go Jeffrey!  Go Jeffrey!"  I could tell he didn't like it much, made him nervous, and he doesn't really like all that attention...but he kept going and made a few baskets and felt so good about himself.  I teared up and yet grinned like a lunatic...  Jack did a great job too. 
I hosted my last preschool day last week.  We were learning the letter Z and all about transportation.
We did all kinds of artsy and creative learning activities on Tuesday, when it rained.
On Thursday we went to the Zoo.  Well, it's a park that has quite a few animals. It was still a little chilly in the shade, but we had a grand time checking out all the animals.  You can see in the middle picture that Katie Anne and Cade have taken it to the next level.
We were missing one little girl.  She was staying at her aunt's while her mom and dad went to see the shuttle lift off.  How cool is that!
Sunday afternoon...
The creek in the back has been turned off.  It holds irrigation water until the irrigators are ready to, well, irrigate.  It's a little less scary to me off, and the boys had a great time down there.  The neighbor kids walked up from their section of the creek so the boys took off with them for a while.  Believe me when I tell you that NEXT TIME they will tell their mother where they are going!!!

The girls and I had fun on the tramp.  Look at that form.  And if you're pictures are too tiny, click on it to make it bigger and check out Katie Anne's staticky (word?) hair!
 
Sunday in the real afternoon, we took off to Roy to see the newest little Agren side baby!  He is such a cutie and so so little!  We all had fun holding him and gooing and aahing over this sweet little bundle of joy.  John's sister, Jenny, is already a fantastic mom!  (33 hours of labor will do that to ya!)

1 comment:

The HousewifeTravels said...

I think you and I should do a 'photo a day blog' just like Nie and You. (Do you know that one?) Fun to see photos. Love ya!