We love walking to church, and we love walking home. On the way home Sunday I stopped and buried my face in a lilac bush. I just adore the smell of fresh lilacs. It takes me to a place that's happy and bright and beautiful. Our neighbor from 3 doors down (also walking home from church) heard me say to John that I needed to ask Julie, the owner of the lilacs, if I could cut a few. No need. Said neighbor from 3 doors down cut some from her own back yard and delivered them with her two beautiful daughters later that afternoon. I think they are beautiful, and smell even better with a little kindness and thoughtfulness sprinkled in.
Have you ever 'smelled' kindness?
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Lilacs are one of my favorite smells too.
I love lilacs! They are one of my favorite flowers. They make me think of home. I can't wait until I can grow my own!
LOVE them!!!! Planting a Miss Kym Lilac Bush right in front because I love them. And I admire your neighbor's thoughtfulness! I'm going to keep my ears open for the next few days to see how I can serve. I'll let you know how it goes.
Beautiful! A friend dropped by a warm, hot-out-of-the-oven loaf of bread one day. Now that sure smelled like kindness, too! :)
Post a Comment