Tuesday, November 16, 2010

There's still time to make these:

We read a story about a turkey last night who complained about EVERYTHING!  His tail feathers were an ugly brown until a wise little bird suggested he try being more thankful.  When he did this a strange thing started happening...his tail feathers turned beautiful colors!  And then we ate him. 

(Find our inspiration for these treats at Creative Juices.  She used Whoppers for the heads but we couldn't find any in our still abundant Halloween candy so we softened tootsie rolls in the microwave for about 10 seconds and shaped them into heads.  Not quite as round and smooth but very, very believable.  I mean, don't all turkeys have brown wrinkled heads???)

6 comments:

n8'swife said...

What a cute idea!

theloulie said...

"and then we ate him"

LOL!

Verity said...

I don't think I know that book--what's the name of it?? Great idea--thanks!!

Jill said...

We are totally making these for FHE on Monday! Thanks for the idea Kat.

Amy said...

Cute! Was this for the ever elusive FHE? Maybe we'll do this on Monday!

turning about said...

My mom showed me that same thing when I was there for Thanksgiving. Good Idea for next year!