Last night for Wacky Wednesday we made some fun fall placemats. They probably won't last for years and years but I'd settle for a few weeks! We used mod podge to adhere the leaves to the poster board (sold that size in packs of 10 at Walmart or you could cut your own (get 3 out of a regular sized poster board). To help, I put the leaves under a bunch of heavy books after collecting them. (Jane helped me with collecting some of them, others I stopped and helped myself to...). Anyway, after we were all done I covered them in contact paper. Because the leaves are bumpy, so is the contact paper so it's not perfect but still pretty fun!
Katie Anne put three on and then demanded new papers. She used up plenty of glue and leaves on scratch paper!
Jane turned all of hers into girls wearing dresses.
Jeffrey turned all of his into pictures. Can you find a bird, butterfly, tree, mouse, fish, and a car getting pulled over by a police officer? If you can't, then enlarge the picture and see for yourself.
Jack was in the middle of a report due the next day so he did a quick job of it...He did like figuring out that he could glue down extra stems to make legs.
Here's mine...just all the pretty leaves and some words of the season.
And here's John's, which I made. I think you can figure out what it's depicting!
Happy Eating Everybody!



4 comments:
What a fun ideas! I wish we had a few more choices than Mulberry leaves around here :)
So cute!
how very cute and clever!!
How cute are Jane's "girls"? so creative!
ps about your last post and running into people-I saw a guy from my high school working at the gas station. When it was my turn to pay I asked him if he went to Box Elder, yada yada yada... He told me my name rang "a small bell". Not just any bell, but a small bell! We had a class together for heck sakes! talk about a self-esteem boost:)
Post a Comment