Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My turn...

To document Christmas 2010.
Christmas Eve...(Adam's favorite...get it?)
Anyway, we had John's lovely sister come with her hubby and sweet baby to Christmas Eve.  We had a lovely dinner, except for the burned rice, and some great green beans.  I mean, have you ever seen anyone more excited to dump green beans out of a can?

We played "the game" which includes unwrapping funny little gifts like masking tape and pez dispensers.  It's played like the white elephant game where you can open one or steal it from someone else.  Poor Katie Anne didn't like that part too much but in the end, she got most everything :)! John read the Christmas story out of the bible, then the kids opened their pajamas and posed so nicely for the picture.  After that they took their stockings down and placed it where they wanted it for Santa to find.  Too bad Santa gets to move them where ever suits his mood!

Which leads us to...Christmas morning!

Jack read some Christmas stories to everyone while John and I finished up breakfast.  We were up bright and early (7:30) to get things going.  Poor Jane didn't feel too good. But, by the time we lined up and took down the Santa Blocker she did all right...
Here we are, posing with some of our favorite gifts. I have to say, I thought they would be a LOT more excited when they opened the big finale present...A Wii!  Honestly they were so anti-climatic I considered taking it back!  I guess they were still too excited from John's secret gift he's been working on for a while:
Need a rubber band?  Just come and search my house because they are EVERYWHERE!  Luckily I got my own so I can shoot right back.  They have taped newspapers to all the chairs and shot through them, they have shot each other to the point of tears...when Jeffrey got shot in the eye I feared we had a Red Rider BB gun replay.  John made enough for the Agren side kids and little Benny on my side.  Little Natalie even sleeps with hers!  They were a great hit and he's already wondering what to make next year!

 Here's Katie Anne, who is literally into her Christmas stuff!

Since Christmas, we have gone to church (except Jane who really did have a fever, and John who stayed home with her).  We have played games, games, and more games.  We have played the Wii and have a cracked light to show for it.  We have eaten too much good/unhealthy stuff.  We have stayed up too late and slept in.  The house is a mess, and we are loving it.  At least until tomorrow.  I feel a clean out coming on!

2 comments:

theloulie said...

Sounds fun! The rubberband guns are pretty cool. So do you have sore arms from playing wii?

Jill said...

My boys would love those guns too. Even more than the Wii. What a fun Christmas!