Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mormon (LDS) TV Commercials from the 1970's and 80's #2




I'm having a Julie Through The Glass moment today as Katie Anne runs around in her cute little underwear and constantly says "I can do it myself". All of a sudden I feel like this whole having babies thing has gone way to fast!

To watch the clip, skip to 4:41...I couldn't find it alone. The other clips are good too, and we quote the 'so talk' one all the time!

6 comments:

Braden and Cheri said...

Thank you for these!! These are my FAVORITE commercials/movies of all time. We had "The Best of Homefront" movie growing up and i watched it all the time. Definitely major family quoteables here. I also sing "Looking thru the glass" to my newborns.

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, Mormons know how to be corny don't they! I remember that commercial well. I remember being so scandalized when you could see Julie's underwear as she flew over the camera! Oh my!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. It's really true that time goes by quickly.

Vicki said...

I've never seen those commercials! I guess they weren't that popular in Iowa!

Thanks for sharing!

carlson said...

You made me cry, my dear friend. It makes me think of when we were kids :-) and to think I have one leaving for boot camp in less than 2 months. You are in my thought and prayers, keep them close and hug them tight it goes by way to fast. - Judi

turning about said...

I have always loved that commercial. I didn't view it this time because it does make me tear up and I already have a head ache and crying always gives me one so no need to make it worse. It was good to have a memory for a minute though.

Marji Crummett said...

The first couple of those are kind of depressing.

totally eighties though.

: )