Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wacky Wednesday


My mom came over with a Wacky Wednesday craft after school on Wednesday...my sister and niece joined in on the fun.  We took clear glass ornaments and dripped paint in them and let the paint colors swirl together.  They turned out kind of pretty, though we tried to rush the process a little.  Here are some instructions if you want to try it out for yourself: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/howtomakcero.html.

Since we did it in the afternoon we still had the evening to face with John at young mens.  I hate to say that I had been in a pretty bad mood ALL day (hate PPD!!!).  Anyway, we decided to head to Shopko and find a present for John from the kids and see some Christmas lights on the way.  We stopped at the Tabernacle to see the nativity up close and I'm happy to say that my mood changed (mostly) for the better.  It's too bad I didn't go at 7:00 that morning!  We found what we wanted for John at shopko, even found some cute teacher gifts (thank you clearance BEFORE the holiday!) and almost made it out of the store in tact, only remembering at the last minute that Jeffrey has TWO teachers at school so we retraced our steps to make sure she got the same thing as his other teacher. You might imagine how that ended up...losing at least one of the kids at every turn, everyone having to go to the bathroom or get a drink, having to pass up the toy isles, then still checking out.  Anyway, the moral of the story is, to get in a better mood, visit the nativity, and also, remember how many teachers your kids have.

1 comment:

theloulie said...

If only we had a store nearby with clear ornaments...sigh.

I've definitely have had those kinda days.