Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What up my peeps?

It's THAT time of year!



You might say we are fans of the Peeps...although I am partial to yellow peeps, probably because that's all that was invented when I was just a peep myself!  My mom used to get the box of peeps, then tear them apart to put them in the baskets, and then we got to lovingly and painstakingly try our hardest to get all of the plastic grass off of the sticky sides.  Worth every minute.  We were also taught to let our Peeps dry out a little to get them to their maximum goodness.  This became a SERIOUS problem when we moved to California.  Our San Diego living provided enough humidity to practically discontinue the use of lotion, but destroyed any hope at all of having dried out Peeps.  Then in Ridgecrest which was drier than a, well, a desert, we needed our swamp cooler by the time Easter rolled around which was again, a problem.  (You wonder why we moved back to Utah...our Peeps are already opened...I have yet to find out who violated the package by eating some...)
And lest you think this post is a total waste of time, it could be so much worse...take a look at this video...

7 comments:

Jill said...

I love this post because whenever I see or eat a Peep I always think of you.

Kerri said...

yeah, i'm not so much a peep girl myself...but i have heard the same from other people ...yellows...dried out...I don't know what you all have going for you!

n8'swife said...

Now I need to go and get some peeps!

Amy said...

I love peeps! I love peeps a lot, but my family doesn't :( So I rarely get them. I should though, in your honor, go buy some peeps, open the package for a day or so and then devour them all by myself!

Verity said...

What a cute post, and a good reminder to get my few dismal spring/Easter decorations, out! The kids and I are big fans of Peeps, too. :)

theloulie said...

I'm not into eating them at all but they are very cute.

Eve said...

Hah. Love the video! Thanks for sharing. :)