Sunday, January 15, 2012

Croutons and other exciting things

Santa is such a funny guy.  I realize Christmas is 344 days away (yes, I looked that up) but my kids are already looking forward to getting more of one certain item Santa left them in their Christmas socks in 2011. 

Croutons.  You heard me.  They are a treat around here, and because I think apples and bananas are healthier than downing a bag of croutons, they hardly ever get to eat them to the extent they'd like to.  So Santa brought them each their own bag.  Talk about screams of delight!  Seriously wish I had video of that.

Jack ate his in like a minute.  Jane's are almost gone.  Katie Anne and Jeffrey still have a bit left, and are constantly being asked to share theirs, by Jack of course.  It's an interesting thing to watch...they were given bags to down as they desire, and yet only one did.  He enjoyed it immensely but they are gone.  The other kids have been only eating a few here and there with salad, usually, which is how we eat them normally.  So why didn't they just down their bags when they had the chance?  Interesting, don't you think?

Anyway, they were talking tonight about how they hope that next year Santa brings them more croutons AND a jar of sunflower seeds to go with them.  I can hear it now...What did Santa bring you?  Salad fixings! 

1 comment:

Jill said...

I had a friend once who would be here kids jars of green olives for a special treat. It was hilarious...so is this.