Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm just full of it lately

A while ago I wondered how much certain things were costing me.  I didn't really know how often I was buying things like dishwasher soap (switched to tablets and it lasts so much longer AND I don't have film on my glasses anymore, even though I was using jet dry so now I don't have to buy jet dry anymore!) and dryer sheets.
I just wrote the date right on the box (thanks for the tip mom!):
So I opened this box on August 9th last year.  I took this picture a while ago and I'm still going.  They last forever! 
However...since we reused dryer sheets as long as they smelled good when I was a kid, I was feeling bad about the dryer sheets I was just tossing.
Katie Anne just feels so grown up helping with the laundry by watching for the dryer sheets in the baskets that I hated to take that away from her!
So I came up with another way to make my big box last longer than even 7 months.
Cut them in half.

Or at least have John cut them in half on his band saw!
I put half in a big ziplock and the other half in an old wipe bin:
Oops, I spilled some.  Maybe not too pretty but functional, eh!  Maybe I can pull myself together and make some kind of cute cover!  Or not.
So there you go. 

No comments: