Last night we did our usual pizza and a movie as a family, only this time we watched Top Gear and Top Shot. Afterwards we still had some time before legal hour to go to bed on a weekend so John and I played Qwerkle with the girls while the boys ran crazy like through the house having a Nerf gun war.
As we finished up our game Jeffrey said he didn't feel so good. I figured all that pizza and running around had left him feeling unsettled, so the boys started another show while we legally put the girls to bed.
The boys followed about a half hour later and I was about a half hour after that. I checked on all the kids as I do every night and went to bed myself. As I drifted off, planning a blog post I should still do at some point, I heard the boys making noise.
I smiled as I figured they must have been faking it when I checked on them and were just having fun. I remember faking it when my mom checked on me and had all kinds of nostalgic feelings for sharing a room with my sister and that feeling of camaraderie when faking out our parents.
I was jolted into real alertness when Jack came down the hall saying something I couldn't quite understand. It all became clear as he entered my room saying "Jeffrey threw up." followed by Jeffrey, naked as a jaybird.
I got him settled, sent Jack to get John from his wood shop and went to check out the scene. He had not made it out of bed for the '7 times' he said had happened.
I could barely stay in his room long enough to retrieve some clothes. John came up and cleaned up everything! Clear down to scrubbing out sheets, blankets, pillow, mattress pad, mattress, clothes, and Jeffrey's three bunnies. I hope the bunnies survived the washer.
So, I got Jeffrey cleaned up And made beds for the boys in the basement as only the devil himself should be forced to sleep in a room that reeks of that smell.
And I went to sleep with happy feelings anyway...for a husband and father who would take care of all of us in such a way as John did.
Saturday, March 10, 2012
A pictureless post, and you're welcome
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Mike does that kind of thing too. I'll love him forever for it...FOREVER!
Post a Comment