Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Jane's special day


Jane chose to be baptized last Saturday.
She and another girl in our ward shared their special day.
I thought she looked so sweet.

I explained to Jane the parts of the program she could choose people for.  She had John baptize and confirm her.  Her grandpa's were the witnesses.  Grandma was going to play a special musical number but it didn't work out so I played "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" instead.  She picked her primary teacher, Sister Hunsaker, the youngest 80 year old ever, to be the speaker on the Holy Ghost.  When Jane told me she had asked her to speak I was a little surprised, ususally it's a family thing, but Jane said, "When I saw her at church I just had a feeling in my heart that she should be the one to talk." Can't beat that!

Lots of friends and family came to support her.
The Extended Fam...

Her little fam...
Katie Anne had a case of the greenies, not being the center of attention and all like she's used to...

So many people gave her gifts.  I was really overcome with the generosity of everyone!

Here she is with her special flashlight from Grandma and Grandpa Hicken
The light is a symbol of the Holy Ghost...you have to USE the flashlight to find your way in the dark, just as you USE the Holy Ghost to find your way through the world.

And the reason for the problem with the special musical number...
Toe surgery the day before!

And here she is with her special blanket from Grandma Morrill...It is so warm and can bring comfort on a cold night, another symbol of the Holy Ghost!
 

3 comments:

n8'swife said...

I love the pic of her reading with her knees up!! So cute! Congrats!

Jenni Call said...

Congratulations! What a special milestone for her and your family.

Jill said...

Looks like a great day.