We are headed to Yellowstone!
But not without our share of drama before heading out.
We had cousins staying with us since the day school got out.
We played and played and, yes, played some more.
On Monday our van had an unfortunate up close and personal meeting with a guardrail. Fortunately, no one was hurt and we were able to get it into the shop on Wednesday for some alignment and strut mending.
That same Monday night I bent over to pick up a balloon and my back completely started to hate me. And I wasn't even in the accident! Tuesday I spent trying to get help from a back specialist and a physical therapist. Steroids, muscle relaxers, and a massage gave me hope that perhaps we could still pull off this trip.
Thursday the kids helped tremendously in the getting ready for the trip. We got our van back and loaded it up (well, they did...I couldn't do much!)
We headed on down the road with a stop in Idaho Falls for a swimsuit and various other items that I forgot. We grabbed some dinner and headed to this park to eat it. There were so many geese! The kids loved chasing them around.

That is, until Katie Anne realized she had just stepped in goose poop!
Glad I had my camera ready to capture this priceless moment!
We made it to our condo late Thursday. We headed into the park on Friday, with a little help from my new best friend...IcyHot patches!
We spotted buffalo right off the bing bang. John experimented taking photos using the scope. I made sure to get one of a baby buffalo per my dad's request.
But not without our share of drama before heading out.
We had cousins staying with us since the day school got out.
We played and played and, yes, played some more.
On Monday our van had an unfortunate up close and personal meeting with a guardrail. Fortunately, no one was hurt and we were able to get it into the shop on Wednesday for some alignment and strut mending.
That same Monday night I bent over to pick up a balloon and my back completely started to hate me. And I wasn't even in the accident! Tuesday I spent trying to get help from a back specialist and a physical therapist. Steroids, muscle relaxers, and a massage gave me hope that perhaps we could still pull off this trip.
Thursday the kids helped tremendously in the getting ready for the trip. We got our van back and loaded it up (well, they did...I couldn't do much!)
We headed on down the road with a stop in Idaho Falls for a swimsuit and various other items that I forgot. We grabbed some dinner and headed to this park to eat it. There were so many geese! The kids loved chasing them around.

That is, until Katie Anne realized she had just stepped in goose poop!
Glad I had my camera ready to capture this priceless moment!
We made it to our condo late Thursday. We headed into the park on Friday, with a little help from my new best friend...IcyHot patches!
We spotted buffalo right off the bing bang. John experimented taking photos using the scope. I made sure to get one of a baby buffalo per my dad's request.

Our next stop was Firehole Canyon which is beautiful. I was a nervous wreck with some of my not so graceful children nearing a very unprotected edge of a cliff but we all survived.
It was such a windy day that much of the water it spewed out was off with the wind before it could get too big. We were impressed with a geyser going off in the distance...it is also pretty regular, just 14 hours apart instead of 1 like OF. The other one lasted for about 20 minutes. We watched it from the OF benches while we ate our lunch.

Jane started not feeling well and just wanted to lay down. I took her and Katie Anne into a visitor's center and we watched a film on YS safety. John and the boys went to check out that other geyser, then stepped inside the Old Faithful Lodge.
All of this took enough time that we stayed to watch OF go off again...Jeffrey wouldn't hold me on his shoulders. How rude.

On the way home we were stopped by the Bison...I always like to take at least one showing how close they come.




1 comment:
How fun to see the Bison so close! We need to take our kids to Yellowstone now that they might actually remember going!
Post a Comment