Last Saturday I bought a special treat for dinner (General Tso's Chicken from Costco) to celebrate the hard work John had put into a project at his job. That night He and the boys went on a bike ride that took them away over the dinner hour. I had already prepared Sunday's dinner so I thought we could have the chicken on Monday. Then I remembered Cinco De Mayo and we had to have taco's, even though all the Spanish speaking members of our last ward said they didn't celebrate this holiday when they lived in Mexico. It was worth it for sure! And just so you know, I forgot on Tuesday and we had meatloaf so we finally had it on Wednesday night! And it was so yummy!
No Park Day on Wednesday due to rain. It rained on and off all week, even today when it wasn't forecasted. But rain is good and I'm not complaining, I just like my park day therapy sessions!
For Wacky Wednesday we went to Shopko and wandered the toy aisles. The kids thought this one was pretty funny... is literally nothing left to the imagination anymore?
On Friday I went to the Aquarium as a chaperone with Katie Anne's kindergarten class. The other two classes went as well. The kids attended a little class first and got to see a gecko and touch a snake (real aquarium type animals, you know).
I love the big tank that is all around you like a tunnel. This picture was much cooler about 2 seconds before when all the fish were right behind her! Ah well... keep on swimming!
I like how my flash makes it look like I'm in the ocean looking up into the sun. I would never really WANT to be in that real situation of course, but still, this looks kind of cool.
Love this!
Scary!
Braving the rope walk...
Such little people on a big big bus! These two kiddies rode the bus down to the aquarium, and over to the park where we ate lunch, and then when the black clouds rolled in and the wind started blowing they decided to ride the Agren bus home.
That night the boys headed up to father's and son's campout (at what is called the Girl's Home, but hey, in a rain storm shelter is good!) The girls and I ate dinner at Peach City then headed to Ogden. My nephew has special needs and is in a group called the Special Needs Activity Program, or SNAP. Each year they put on a play but this is the first year I've gone to see it.
I had tried to prepare the girls that this might be a little different but Katie Anne told me it was one of the best plays she has seen. She had no idea which people had any kind of disability and who didn't, aside from Karl, who is quite severe, and a couple of others. The people who help put this together are really quite amazing and I'm glad Karl (there on the front row with his hands clasped) has somewhere to go and have these kind of experiences.
Katie Anne was a little cold at Jane's soccer game Saturday morning. We all were...
Except for the girls who got to run around and get warm!
I found some time to make some Mother's day gifts. Three cooking aprons full of candy and one gardening apron, as my mother in law would rather be doing that!
I also had to do something for nursery! I finally came up with this card...
though getting some of them to do their handprints was kind of tricky! This one turned out the best...
And finally, Mother's Day was yesterday. Here I am, a babe in my mother's arms.
The kids and John gave me nice cards and letters and candy in the morning. Katie Anne also did her own hair so she didn't have to get help from me. That evening the local family came over for dinner. We had turkey with all the fixings, including seven (7) pies! We had a nice round of conversation questions about our mothers which led to some laughter and good feelings. I'm so happy to be a mom!










No comments:
Post a Comment