Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Engage-iversary

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*Picture copyrighted C. A. Davis, 2005

Ten years ago today John and I made it official and got engaged! We had already made most of the decisions, even picking out the ring. There was another ring involved that we were having melted into a simple gold band. On our way home from somewhere I suggested we stop and pick up the band. He said that he was hungry so we should stop and get something to eat first. The jewelry store would be closing soon so I thought we should go there first but he turned into the Premium parking lot. WHAT!!! I was thinking hard about what kind of man he really was to put his stomach before my needs and wants. Premium was a good old fashioned ice cream joint so at least we went somewhere good (it's since been torn dorn). We each ordered sundaes but I wanted to make him pay. I went back for fries and a burger (with his wallet) and when I returned to the table there on my sundae, shining like a cherry on top, was the gold band. I have had to learn (over and over again because I'm a slow learner and a pessimist) that he is always the good guy, and always has my best interests at heart! I said yes, of course! He gave me the 'real' ring a couple of weeks later down on his knee, but we always count the gold band day as our engage-iversary. Of course being April 15th it's an easy day to remember! Love is better than taxes any day!

10 comments:

n8'swife said...

Tax day has good thoughts for us too- well maybe not this year for N8. It's the big 3-0 for him today! Happy Engageiversary!

Amy said...

What a cute story. You guys are such a cute couple. I bet that ring was really cute. CUTE CUTE CUTE

Sophie said...

Happy Engageiversary! That is sooo cool!

Verity said...

I loved that post. Your blog is so fun to read and very uplifting! :)

just andrea said...

Love the engageiversary story!! I am so happy you married him--he was the coolest of the Johns!!

turning about said...

I have read your past few blogs but have not had time to be up to date on my own. That is fun to have an engage-iversary! I think I had heard your story before, it was fun to hear it again. Thanks for sharing.

Desiree said...

I can't believe you've been married that long. You seem way too young!!!

Ratliffs said...

Hi! Found your blog...hope you don't mind!! Maybe sometime we should meet up at the park again, and this time actually talk instead of just sitting next to each other!!! Cute story!

Marissa said...

What a fun story. I had to think if I even knew what day we got engaged and then remembered it was on Bret's brother's birthday February 25. I'll have to try and remember to celebrate that engage-iversary! Thanks for the cute story and reminder to celebrate!

Merry said...

Fun story! And Happy Evnageiversary!
Nice picture! (Hehehe!)