Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekly Review

It's my journal time of the week again...

4Jane had her bout with the stomach flu Monday. She seemed better so I sent her to playgroup on Tuesday (she'd gone 24 hours without a problem) then came home and had a problem. I think my prayers were answered that none of the other kids get it.

4John and I were able to get part of our home/visiting teaching done. It is quite a challenge to have all the schedules and stars align to meet with everyone.

4Jeffrey went on a highly anticipated field trip to a grocery store and pizza place where he got to make and eat his own pizza. He had a blast. Jack is suffering from fieldtripitis, as he would really like to go on one of his own. A much heard phrase this week was, "It's not fair!" And my response..."Yep."

4I chaperoned at a youth dance for a couple of hours. I'm always so impressed with the girls and the fun they have. I enjoyed just sitting on one of the couches visiting with friends or playing backgammon on my pda (I try not to play at home due to addiction issues!)

4Saturday I took the kids to a children's fair where they got to make a few crafts, climb in a fire truck, and run in a race. We didn't have much time and it was very windy but they had fun while we were there.

4We had stake conference this weekend so we had a sitter Saturday night. Then we have a goal of one of us making it to the church before the choir gets there to practice on Sunday morning. This way we get to sit on the benches that are much softer than the chairs in the gym and it's nicer to be closer. John went this time and listened on the MP3 player to some of general conference that we missed.

4We had a couple of exciting games of Uno last night but of course Jane won both of them!

3 comments:

turning about said...

I like the idea of being a happy person that is chiming in. I guess we will probably go through the field trip envy next year, because it seems like it is only in kindergarten that the kids get to go on so many field trips.

Merry said...

I have found that I use the phrase "That's Life!" quite often now. It seems to sum things up in most cases.

The HousewifeTravels said...

You forgot something so I'll help you. * We went to Ace hardware and stopped at the Cannon's new house. We love them so much. They're our best friends. It was the highlight of my week. Their playroom smells like poop. The kids even had fun playing 'Roach Stomp.' Jane won.