Saturday, November 29, 2008

A serious blow...

Well, my self esteem had hit a valley, but a comment today sent me to rock bottom when the Walmart clerk asked if I was buying some pajamas for my GRANDCHILDREN. I guess I need a haircut, makeover, face lift, something! Nothing against grandma's, but I'm not ready to be there yet! And no comments from you, Ronnelle...34 isn't that old! I guess it's at least good for a laugh! Ha, ha.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Okay, that comment was harsh. That Wal-Mart clerk should head straight to the optical department. For what it's worth, I don't think you look like a Grandma at all. Afterall, you're just a spring CHICKEN! Ha-Ha!

The HousewifeTravels said...

That's crazy! Hey, I get excited when the bagger calls me miss instead of maam. You look Maaaavelous!

mytee sooperox said...

How old was your checker anyway? Hopefully, young and dumb enough not to know better.

To share something on the other end of the spectrum, some kid (I mean, some guy in his early 20's)came to the door last week and asked Dave if his parents were home. Dave said no, they weren't and the guy honestly didn't believe him. Now, I know Dave looks younger than his 30 years, but come on! Dave got a good laugh at it though, then called his parents so they could laugh too.

Amy said...

Was the cashier like a teenager or something? It is kind of funny, but you don't look anything like a grandma!

Leslie said...

Some people say the darndest things. You definitely don't look like a grandma!

Verity said...

That's insane. As a rule I try to ignore ANY comments directed at me when I'm at Wal-Mart. ;) You do NOT look like a grandma--geez!

theloulie said...

Oh, harsh! You do not look like a grandma, what a dope that cashier was! If its any consolation, twice I was asked when the baby's due when I was not pregnant! Sheesh.

Tauna said...

That's depressing. I can't believe the things people say sometimes. Where is the tact?