This week's Wordful Wednesday assignment is to write a poem. I thought about cheating and using one I already have written, but where's the challenge in that! So, then I thought I'd write one about blogging, but this is all I came up with: THE SERIOUSLY OBSESSED BLOGGER I think writing poems is fun, but if you don't and you WANT to like it, just try being silly with rhymes with your kids. I can not even begin to recall all the rhyming we've done. Some, frankly, are best left forgotten. But, we do this in the car, on trips, when I'm changing diapers ("She's got the poops" is one of our favorites) in the bath, you name it. Reading poems is also a great way, and you've probably guessed that I like Shel Silverstein and Jack Prelutsky. This is my kind of writing. I like some of those serious poets, too, and maybe when I grow up I'll try some of their styles. Can't wait to read everyones entries!
Her dying wish,
What she wanted most,
Was to read the comments
On her blogs last post
Well, that's too autobiographical. :) So, I decided on the topic of laughter. I'm not so good at the really serious poems, usually I write what I call 'ditties', something a little light hearted somewhere along the line. So, here ya go:
LOL
When you start to feel
Like your two year old
Require's a household staff,
Now is not the time to stress,
Just loosen up, and laugh!
When you sit in church
And all the kids
Cannot get rid of the wiggles,
Smile softly to yourself,
Indulge in quiet giggles.
When you're out someplace
And your baby bursts,
And creates an awful smell,
Figure out what the texters mean
When they type L-O-L.
When you feel life's dealt you
A crummy hand, and you
Can't take anymore,
Fake it if you have to,
But let the laughter start to roar.
Remember the lesson
You're trying to teach
To every girl and boy:
"Adam fell that men might be,
Men are that they might have JOY!"*
Sometimes we get so serious,
And life seems rather bleak.
It drains our hearts and
Darkens our minds,
Makes us feel so weak.
The only antedote I know,
Is to look at the brighter side,
Count your blessings,
Laugh Out Loud.
And hang on for the ride!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
A fun time with a fun rhyme...
Labels
poems,
Wordful Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
I love love love the blogging poem. Your second poem is lovely and oh so true. Thanks for sharing your creativity.
Kat, you have a real gift. I'm so happy you write and share your poems.
Wow! I wish I could ditty like this. :)
I love your poetry!!! I hope you're collecting it all because you should publish a book! And I'm not LOL about that--I'm dead serious. :)
This was fun - I love your poem because I can relate. My life is full of LOL moments
Being witty with ditties
must come from the Crooks.
I've heard numerous ones
to fill books and books.
Then again it could be
from the Witts that you took
Afterall, you're descended
from a half-Witted Crook!
That was fun. Had to get Grandma Crook's little joke in there too. :)
I love your light hearted ditties! LOL explains life so well!
You laugh, but in all seriousnes humor is a well used lifesaver!
You put it so well!
Ha,ha! Cute poems! I love fun poetry.
What good medicine! And so wonderfully prescribed!
Fantastic poems! I love your blog. Your kids are adorable and very lucky to have such a fun mom. :)
Very, very cute - it makes me smile.
Post a Comment