My sister, Stacy, invited all the local family to come over for the big V-Day. We all took something to share for dinner and it was so awesome. Two of the people in this picture aren't related (yet). It's exciting to watch the youngun's as they search the world for their one and only.
Stacy made all the yummy food in these pictures. I brought home 6 sugar cookies (you know, one for each of us) and I ate all but one, and that's only because I was too slow.They have a fun drum set in the basement (so great that we never have to get one...we can just play theirs!) and Katie Anne had a blast. She's actually pretty good! Even flipped the sticks a few times between sets. Her eye is much better and we had no major mishaps this week. Knock on a LOT of wood.
The kids were out of school on President's day. My friend, Diane, called and invited us down for the day. I was nervous when I saw the snow but went anyway, and it was just rainy. We had a great time talking and the kids had fun playing with her kids. We've been friends since the 4th grade, when she was the new girl and I asked her to eat lunch with me. We have varying stories on that, but it's my blog and she doesn't read it so I can write what I want! Anyway, that's a LONG time to be friends and we've been through a lot together.
Sunday night I went to the viewing of a sister in our ward who just a month ago was unaware of the cancer growing in her brain. She showed some signs of trouble during church, went through surgery that showed they were unable to get to the tumor, and her funeral was yesterday. It's been unbelievable to witness, and my testimony of the fragility of life, as well as life beyond death, has been reaffirmed. I got to know her best through book club, where we seemed to have the same interests in books and held similar opinions. I often observed her in church, and loved the black boots she wore every Sunday in the winter.
Take the time to love each other. It's stuff like Valentine's Day parties and visiting with friends who have seen you through life that are important. On Diane's wall at the top of her stairs she has a little magnet board with the familiar saying, "Enjoy this moment, because this moment is your life."







2 comments:
Loved this, especially your thoughts at the end. I get so busy, busy, busy sometimes, and I forget to enjoy the moment, enjoy friendships, and, most of all, enjoy my family. Thanks, Kathryn.
Great post. It gave me things to think about. You are so lucky to live close to many of your family (FINALLY)! I am sure you are enjoying every bit of it.
Post a Comment