Of course we dyed the eggs...we all love deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches so we do plenty of eggs. Katie Anne dyed all of hers yellow (her very favorite color) but then dropped them all in other colors so they were very...pretty!
We went to Smith's 'egg' hunt, which was really just candy spread all over in different aisles for different age groups. I didn't get to see the boys in action, but we all ended up at Katie Anne's aisle where the pickens were good and there were hardly any kids. We came home and picked out all the dum dums and smarties, and we're donating the rest to our bishop, who keeps a candy basket on his desk.Easter morning before conference started we hunted for our Easter baskets...the boys broke Jane's little heart by telling her that I was the Easter bunny, but she has since come to terms. We'll have to have a talk when Katie Anne gets to be that age. Still, the candy, flip flops, dumb bunny stuff, and new swim suits made up for it. Easter dinner was steak, confetti rice, and deviled eggs. We enjoyed listening to conference so much. My notebook overfloweth...now to put it into action!
On Monday we woke up to a winter wonderland! But, as springtime goes, by the afternoon it was warm enough to play outside and we made a couple of snowmen. Jane made hers all by herself! Then she and Jeffrey and I made that other little one. He didn't last long.
In other news...
Katie Anne loves, loves, loves books. I just loved capturing her little face reading my favorite book, Miss Rumphius. Next in the picture round up is Jack at his recorder recital today...he was one of a handful of kids to earn his black belt in recorder playing! Then there's John. John says, I think we should tint the upper windows. So John tints the upper windows. John says, I think we need shelves in the garage. So John builds shelves in the garage. John says, I think I should by my wife diamond earrings. So John...well, we can dream can't we?
And last but not least, we had a girls lunch yesterday with John's grandma. She is fun to be with and she always gives me a little piece of advice...yesterdays was, "You aren't better than anybody, but you are as good as everybody else." So...with that I leave you. Have a great day!







4 comments:
Love it! All of it! :)
Yes, keep dreaming! Your husband's grandma is one smart lady! We could all learn to heed those words.
You get your diamonds all on your own and for free sister! I love Grandma advice. So nice.
Great update! John's grandma knows her stuff! I guess now it's my turn to blog about Easter!
Post a Comment