On Saturday I went to lunch at the Lion House Pantry with these beautiful gals! They are dear to my heart because we all served in the same mission...except for the tall one in the short sleeved black shirt. She just lived in Michigan so some of these gals knew her.
As I was driving home from the lunch, I was so grateful I had served a mission. I went to Michigan, you know, and the first person to put up with me was that gal I'm standing next to. I will be forever grateful to her for teaching me how to really read the scriptures. She encouraged me and convinced me I could do anything. She also taught me about pushing through hard times and how sometimes you really do need to take a break! And she taught me how to eat dessert out of the pan. She probably was so worried when she was called to be a trainer (I know I was a freaked out mess when I had to do that!) but she did a great job. She drove 4 hours (each way!) just to come to the lunch! Good job!
That girl on the bottom just in front of me was also my companion. She later became my roommate when I got home. It's because of her that I met John so of course I love her for that! She reminded me so much of my sister that I had to consiously remind myself sometimes that she was not Betsey! We had a good time together and she taught me a lot. She is the only person allowed to call me Hickenberry.
That cute one on the other end of the bottom row in the bright pink sweater has a personality to match! She is just darling and, to be honest, she is John's favorite sister missionary, present company excluded. He just thought she was great and when I told him who was at the lunch he was so jealous when he found out Fitzy came! If I can only learn to be as sweet and sincere as she is I might be all right!
I wish I could have seen all of my other companions. Well, almost all. I'm not perfect, you know. But each one taught me well and the lessons I learned out there continue to influence me today. Seeing them on Saturday just reminded me what a great opportunity I had to meet so many wonderful people. Thanks girls!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I get jealous of people who got to serve a mission, mostly because of the relationships they form in doing so. Looks like you have some good ones!
You make me laugh! You have NO idea how much I look up to you, and how much you taught me. I think you helped me to see the analogies that are all around me, and to learn from and to apply them.
Thanks! It was soooo fun to get together!
Post a Comment