(thanks, Target, for coining the phrase I used as my title...)
I didn't worry too much about costumes this year. Jane changed her mind a million times and finally wore a costume I had borrowed for Katie Anne that turned out to be too big. Katie Anne wore the same thing as last year, only it didn't fit so good this year and it gave her quite a wedgie when she put the head on. Oh well...it was still cute and she was happy! Jeffrey decided to wear Jack's from last year and Jack, who didn't fit in anything we had, was the only one to get a new costume, Darth Vader. I went as a witch and John went as himself, which isn't too scary!
We kept adding to our Halloween decorations with paper pumpkins and coloring pages from school, plus these little cuties that sort of turned out. We'll try again next year with rounder balloons!
Of course we had some scary food...I made the jack-o-lantern pot pie and the monster tortilla bake, and my sister made the other food (and lots of other super cute stuff I didn't get pictures of) for our family party last night.
My dad got into the act last night when my nephews brought up this wig. We are not used to seeing him with so much (if any!) hair!
I didn't get any pictures of the loot except for this one, which ALL came from the grocery store's trick-or-treating for kids day.
The kids got plenty of loot from the ward trunk-or-treat which had to be held inside and without the trunks due to rain, rain, and more rain. It quit just enough for us to go to a few houses after. Stacy went with me and the kids while John visited Kraig at their house.
Now all of the decorations are coming down, even these cutie pies that the kids made...
(This one is a trick-or-treating house, complete with 'chocolate covered money' made by Jack.)
(This one has a Frankenstein, Witch (complete with broom and wand!) and a ghost made by Jeffrey.)







4 comments:
Everything looks awesome, but my favorite is your dad in a wig! Love that guy!
Your kids look great!
Your Dad in a wig is my favorite picture too! I love reading your blog. You ought to write a book on all the fun family traditions you have. You are an inspiration.
Did you go to A Fresh Market? It looks like the loot we got from A Fresh Market!
PS you are so fun it is scary! Which is good, cause it's Halloween!
Post a Comment