My friend, we'll call her A because her name starts with A, announced she was having a baby about well, 9 months ago. I instantly knew she was having a girl. I have a pretty good track record and this case was no different. I'm also her visiting teacher so my vt partner, Dani, and I knew we had a shower to plan. A already had 2 boys, so this shower would be all pink.
So we had the shower planned for an August Thursday evening, about 4 weeks before her due date. That's a pretty safe distance, don't you think? Well, you can see where this is going. On the Tuesday before I got the call that little A (her name starts with A too!) had made her arrival. Big A and Little A were both doing fine, but not up to having a party in two days.
You should know that this had happened before when her second baby was born on the day of her baby shower, so at least this time we had a couple of days to alert every one.
So, we rescheduled the baby shower for this week. Last night, in fact. Trouble is, I did not feel so hot the beginning of this week. I felt good enough to sit on the couch and cut and fold and tape paper. Here's what I ended up with... a decoration for behind "THE MAMA'S" chair...
Today as I was taking them down Katie Anne said that maybe we could just keep them up for her birthday. In December.

"That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto-Bismol."
This is the movie quote (can you name the movie?) that kept running through my mind when I stepped back and surveyed the final table. I kind of like it!
So we had the shower planned for an August Thursday evening, about 4 weeks before her due date. That's a pretty safe distance, don't you think? Well, you can see where this is going. On the Tuesday before I got the call that little A (her name starts with A too!) had made her arrival. Big A and Little A were both doing fine, but not up to having a party in two days.
You should know that this had happened before when her second baby was born on the day of her baby shower, so at least this time we had a couple of days to alert every one.
So, we rescheduled the baby shower for this week. Last night, in fact. Trouble is, I did not feel so hot the beginning of this week. I felt good enough to sit on the couch and cut and fold and tape paper. Here's what I ended up with... a decoration for behind "THE MAMA'S" chair...
Today as I was taking them down Katie Anne said that maybe we could just keep them up for her birthday. In December.
"That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto-Bismol."
This is the movie quote (can you name the movie?) that kept running through my mind when I stepped back and surveyed the final table. I kind of like it!

Some hints to make your own Pepto table:
* I typed "Baby Girl Subway" and "Baby Girl Nursery Art" in Google images and found some cute printables to put on my bulletin boards over the table.
* I used my Silhouette and paper {I told myself I had to use before I bought more} to make the banner. And yes, I did buy some new paper already. Where do you think the medallions in the window came from!
*Dani brought the yummiest filled brownie bites and sugar cookies, the watermelon and grapes. Also pink Whoppers! What a good idea!
* I contributed the candy hearts (melt, mold, chill, eat) and the caramel corn (recipe coming soon), and the pinwheels (maybe that recipe too!)
*I used washi tape bought on Pick Your Plum to decorate the wash bin from Target's dollar bins. Oh and the bags the popcorn is in came from Pick Your Plum as well.



3 comments:
Nice job with the baby shower Kat. You know how to throw a party!
Her colors are pink and pink. My colors are BLUSH and BASHFUL.
I love that movie!!
Mama this nail polish is drying far to dark. Looks like a stuffed pig's bleedng all over my hands.
You know it's my favorite.
Post a Comment