Monday, November 4, 2013

October...the middle

We had our Young Women in Excellence program on October 23.  Amy, our YW president, wanted to go all out so what else could I do but help!  I do have a fear of heights, but also wanted to get the job done so I climbed that ladder more than a few times, as you can see in the picture below. Our theme was Stand Ye in Holy Places, and we used lots of shoes in our decorating and program.  We had mini cheesecakes for dessert.  We were proud of the girls who participated!

On Friday we headed to Logan.  John and the boys were dropped off at the top of Green Canyon so they could ride their new replacement bikes down the mountain.  I took the girls to the North Logan Pumpkin Walk where we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Hicken.  The creativity at this walk is just amazing!  People are seriously into this and must think about and work all year on it.
Some of our favorites...
Minions, Miss Piggy, Mash, Teddy Bear Picnic, Princess Bride, and Dr. Seuss.

Jane was excited to see this Little House on the Prairie display as she had just finished reading the book on our drive over!

They also have a ton of photo-op boards, where Katie Anne wanted to spend all of her time.

On Saturday, Jane had her last soccer match of the year.  Her team only won one game this season, but they played with heart... if not aggressiveness.  She was always right in there and got pretty good at kicking and defending.


Sunday night we had our annual Hicken Halloween party.  I hosted this year and enjoyed decorating the table.  I found some awesome boots at the DI and made those cute witches legs for the table. 

More people dressed up this year than usual...
from left to right we have a mad scientist, a hobbit, a mom trying hard, Violet, a fairy, a construction worker, a rocker, a witch, a witch, a cat, and Spider Woman.
 
 

No comments: